I love deep tissue massage! Combined with hot stones… awesome!
Massage is therapeutic on many levels, and should be experienced on a regular basis to release toxins from the body and promote good circulation and energy. I am a firm believer in regular “body work” as part of a larger practice of attaining and maintaining a healthy body, mind and spirit. I know some people fear deep tissue massage will be too much, and leave them sore. Just let the therapist know your concerns. There are several types of massage. Shiatsu, swedish, stone just to name a few, but the benefits go on and on!
- Massage enhances ones state of well-being
- Massage enhances soft tissue healing
- Massage increases flexibility & range of motion
- Massage increases muscle tone
- Massage increases blood flow
- Massage increases dopamine & serotonin levels
- Massage increases and improves lymphatic fluid flow & drainage
- Massage induces relaxation
- Massage stimulates the immune system
- Massage reduces constipation
- Massage reduces cortisol levels
- Massage reduces depression
- Massage reduces emotional stress
- Massage reduces joint stiffness
- Massage reduces muscular tension
- Massage reduces pain
- Massage reduces scar tissue formation
- Massage reduces soft tissue knots and trigger points
Enjoy one today!
Follow Prismatic Body on Facebook